Teaching Reflection 9: IELTS Writing – Cause and Effect

This was a bit of a difficult lesson to prepare. I wasn’t sure what the prior knowledge of the students was. I would normally try to split this lesson between a few classes to ensure the students fully grasp the concept. I would have liked to use Nearpod for this lesson but I didn’t as I felt like maybe I used Nearpod too much. This is one of the lessons that was observed by Karen so I don’t think I have much more to say. I know that I can engage better with students and try to provide more positive reinforcement when I am teaching. Sometimes, I get too involved in what’s next and keeping time because I only have the forty minutes, that I forget to be more present with my students. I also feel that in my own classes, I would use Nearpod quite in every class and make it a part of my classroom structure. I find it extremely beneficial. I would have also asked the students to submit a final copy of their work for me to grade but in this instance, I didn’t have the luxury as it was my last class and I wasn’t marking student work as a student teacher.